In this blog you will understand the difference between Power BI workspace roles. In Power BI new workspace we have four roles and they are- admin, member, contributor & viewer.
Let’s understand the capabilities of the four roles:
- Create, edit, delete, copy and publish reports and content in a workspace.
- Publish, Update, or Share App in workspace.
- Access, view and interact with reports and dashboards in a workspace.
- Configure and modify Schedule data refreshes and Gateway.
- Add or Remove other users including other admins.
- Can all the tasks that are associated with admins but can not add or remove users.
- Can’t delete the workspace.
- Can add other users to the viewer or contributor role.
- Can create, edit, delete, copy and publish content and reports within a workspace.
- Can’t publish, update, or edit an app in a workspace unless given this ability by admins or members.
- Cannot add or remove users.
- Modify Gateway and schedule data refreshes.
- Can only view a report or dashboard in a workspace, also can interact with visuals.
- Can’t add or remove users.
- Can read data that is stored in workspace dataflows.
Refer more Power BI Post – Power BI
Hope you enjoyed the post. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this post are always welcome.